Friday 20 August 2010

Holiday Part 2

I've just finished 3 weeks of internship with my sponsor company. I was being placed in one of the Oil Palm Mill Factory in Negeri Sembilan and introduced to the operation and management of the factory. I was exposed to three part of the operations. Firstly, quality control - I was just playing around with chemicals and nothing else. Pretty boring job I would say. Secondly, boiler control room - Terrible place to be, why? There are too many people smoking in an air conditioned room without any window. Instead of a boiler room I would rename it to "smoking room". And there is only one computer in this showing the pressure and flow rates of the boiler. In the last week, I was placed I the workshop. Here is the place I learned most of the things that’s related to my Mechanical Engineering course. Not that much though but a lot more than those previous two weeks. I was being introduced to welding procedures and also some safety aspect. I was assigned to a mechanical fitter as an assistant in pipe maintenance. So you can actually imagine me holding nut and bolt and spanner. 3 weeks long in this factory was torturous, what if 3 years? I just can't imagine that. So that's about my first internship in this summer.

My internship does not end as yet. I somehow manage to get another internship in a consultancy firm in KL. How wonderful? I don't have to be in the "jungle" but a city of everything ( at least in Malaysia, KL is everything:P). This internship has no relation to my current study but I think I've learned a lot judging from the pass 3 weeks. Not Thermodynamic or Fluid Mechanic but more like people behaviour of all position in an organisation. Having to be exposed to this kind of experience really opened up my eyes to the working world. Seen stuff like problems, politics, work stress, Lady Boss and many more. I still have around 5 to 6 weeks to go before I fly back to continue my boring course. 

Oh this holiday has been just about working and working and working. Haven't been spending much time with family members :( I miss my granny and grandpa and aunty and uncles and oh oh my cousin is getting married this coming September. So that's quite an even for me. So that’s all for today.

Night..

No comments: