Saturday 21 August 2010

My future in Career?

I am currently a Mechanical Engineering student in Imperial College London. It sometimes makes me think back why I choose Mechanical Engineer as my future career. Why? This is one question that I could not answer till now. There are many possibilities, for example, I follow my brother's footstep or friends' influences or I just take a course that I thought it's cool. Well, I really thought Engineers are cool. Now that I am a second year student, which means 2 more years to go be become a fresh graduated engineer. Problem is, what is my future in engineering working world.

The one thing I am very curious about is, do I get to choose what job I want ? Well that's depends :P. I need to impress many people which I don't at the moment. And will I apply whatever shit that I learned in this course in my future? Many students from engineering background diverted into banking or any other career but not engineering. I found that's pretty sad. Why do I say so? They could just take banking course or Finance course or any Business related courses for that banking job. Why suffer 4 years of engineering and don't use it?

In the UK, engineering firms develop something big. So I thought that would be the case in my country. BUT, I just found out that they don't really do development but maintenance, which equals boring job. Sigh, Now that I feel less motivated to continue study after thinking of the future I will have soon. Pray hard and work hard...

Till next time.

No comments: