Monday 5 January 2009

A short Visit to Manchester

In my first year of undergraduate, I went to visit some places out of London. One of them were Manchester. I visited my fake daughter along with my other friends. The journey from London to Manchester took about 4 hours by MegaBus (very cheap if book early). Of course we were not familiar with the place, so we went to my fake daughter's accommodation for the night. Her accommodation or what we usually call the hall, is different from mine. That shows the difference between universities around the UK. 

After taking a long journey all the way from London, we decided to get something to eat. We went to this fast food restaurant, Gemini. To my surprise the food there is really cheap and large in portion. Now I understand the difference between the cost of living in London compared to other places.


Cheap foods

Next stop, the Manchester museum. Like any other museum, they show historical objects which looks like they have significant value that has shaped the present and maybe the future. 



Posing with excitement in front of the


The next destination was the must-visit-place, Manchester United Football Stadium. The tour cost around GBP 8.00 and took about 1 hour. In this tour, I was part of the big group and there was one conductor who will be bringing us touring the whole stadium. It was an amazing tour as I could enter many spots in the stadium where the players usually gather before an after the match. Below are some of the pictures taken during and after the tour in the stadium.


I am sitting on the bench where Ronaldo always sit in the changing room




This is the place where interview by the reporter are done and broadcasted through television




A few of Malaysia in the tour




Welcome of Old Trafford