Wednesday 5 March 2008

Good Experience

 
This was my first time to take part in any open sport competition. The Badminton Tournament Open was held in Sunway University College on the February 29th, 2008. Such event allows each participant to gauge their level amongst all that present on that day. This event was eye opening for me to place myself between the  teenage badminton players around Klang Valley. It was quite obvious that I am not good at all compared to most of them whom had coaching for quite some time. Last year when I organise one of the badminton tournament among students in my college, I managed to be the champion but that was really nothing compared this. Well, it was superb experience to have the opportunity to play against top players in this tournament.

One of the players in the Sunway Badminton Open

This tournament's main sponsor was FINNEX. The sponsorship included all the equipments such as shuttlecocks, repair services and also the prize for winners. Champion of this tournament will go home with  RM3300.00 cheque from FINNEX. I am way too far from that price. This experience let me to encourage more students from my college to at least participate in one of these competitions in the future for just experience. It will really give you some clue on where to start your improvement.

No comments: