Thursday 12 February 2009

Root Canaling? Don't be scared of it!!

Recently I have bad tooth causing pain to my mouth which required me to undergo 'root canalling'. Knowing the fact that I need to undergo this operation on my mouth, the first thing I did was to search for root canalling video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs0RIh3hPAM). That video really did ease up a little of my worries on this operation. Initially, I thought it will be a complicated process but it turn out simple. I went to the NHS Imperial Dental Centre located right under Tizard Hall for a check up followed up by the operation.

Apparently root canalling is not as scary as it sounds. It only took me 2 appointments to complete the whole process. The first appointment was to disinfect the teeth from bacteria and a week after, the second appointment was to clean and do filling. Of course all the cleaning should takes quite a while before sealing the tooth. Root canalling is not something scary but necessary when bacteria infect the inner bit of the tooth. So do not fear of root canalling.

2 comments:

melwy said...

u had a root canal treatment in imperial??
which tooth and how much u need to pay for it oo?
fr what we heard fr out tutor, it's really really expensive...
i'll be learning that in 2 weeks time, hikkss

WoodyBrain said...

Erm how should I put this. they don't count by teeth but by course. That day I paid GBP46.50 for 1 root canaling and two filling. At first i was so scared of it but it is just tiring la nothing much really.